Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I met the stupidest FI Honda owner today

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    So I gave my bro a ride to pick up his 240SX/SR20DET hybrid (intercooler piping and install. $900!!! Ouch!) and parked in front is a gutted civic with a body kit and a Greddy banner.

    When I looked at the car, the first thing I saw was the automatic. This made me think the Greddy banner was BS or for a BS part. Then I saw the boost gauge.

    I give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he's into bracket racing. The car looked well done.

    Anyway, I finally talk to the guy and he complains about it not running well at higher boost levels (10psi) and says he's getting the whole Venom package to solve it.

    I ask him, "What fuel pump?"... Stock.
    "Stock injectors?"... Yup.
    "That pump won't work past 70 or 80psi. What fuel pressure are you hitting?"... I DON'T KNOW.

    He had previously told me he had a built engine, so I said, "Good thing you have a built engine to not blow up doing that." He just smiled and said, "That's what last year's engine did."

    That was about the end of the conversation.

    BTW, he wasn't a bracket racer.

    Greg

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Max Psi GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 1999
    Posts
    860
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Seems as more and more i look around, i find people that have the "funds" to get things done, but lack the knowledge to make them work. Now, granted, i did NOT install my JRSC, but i have installed everything else. I felt i did not have the confidence in myself, nor the PATIENCE, nor the funds to "FIX" what/if anything i blew up!

    Im beginning to understand why most "fast people" do not respect any of the imports out there, i really am. Most of these idiots make false claims and cant really justify a crankshaft from a camshaft.

    I live in a world of 2000 CIVIC Si's with enough grafx and 19" wheels to make you PUKE. It really pains me to be "associated" with these people.

    If you have read my WAY earlier posts, i have started goin to a DIFFERENT dragstrip. Main reason is because the old one sucked, and that was the only one i knew how to get to.

    Now, when i would goto this older dragstrip, a few "people" i knew would go in there imports, and i was "grouped" with them by association. It was funny, my car was pretty much the fastest import there, and no-one would talk to me or ask "whutcha got in thar?".

    Now, this NEW dragstrip i goto, i usually jus go by myself, cause well, thats jus me, im to myself. I find people going out of their way to come and talk to me, even track me down at the concession stands! When im air-ing my tires up or down, people in 5-6-7 second cars are asking, "Hey buddy, can i help you out some?, need some air?". Even the TOWER ANNOUNCER "knows" me and gets people behind me!

    I guess i jus needed some room to vent myself, but im really gettin sick and tired of riceboys, idiots, and jus flat out arrogant people. My car is not the fastest car at this strip, i dont even think its the best looking. All i know is that people treat me different when im NOT around the "riceboys" because i can answer things like, what size fuel pump, whats your fuel pressure, how did you install that, and also the fact that i can relate basic engine knowledge to another.

    To all of you out there that DRAG, AUTOCROSS, ROADRACE, or anything BESIDES streetracing which endagers other peoples lives because of your stupidity, i say keep up the good work!

    Thank you for your time, and i shall get off my soapbox now......

    Tony

    P.S. Wow!, all this from a 22 year old KID! smile

    ------------------
    96 GSR, JRSC@6psi, Monthly Autocrosser, Weekly Drag Racer, and ALWAYS daily driven! 8's in the 1/8th mile or BUST! ([email protected])NEW UPDATED TIME!!!!!! on 9/15 I RAN [email protected]!! FINALLY!!!
    http://www.autorage.cc
    http://www.etrscca.org
    http://www.honda-tech.com
    AOL Instant Mess.= KDXTASY

  3. #3
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well said Tony! I find the same thing around here. Pittsburgh has always been a "V8 town" but imports are starting to have a big presence. Unfortunately, 98% of them are riceboys and have a bad attitude. They give you dirty looks when you beat them or challenge them to a race. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

    Hey, I'm 22 too wink


    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

  4. #4
    Inactive Member FoxRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know the feeling, really. I guy I work with, (who drives a GSR too) is CONSTANTLY putting my car down and telling me that I should have gone turbo and that my car lacks style. I shrug, shake my head and walk away. The only thing on his car is a single badly placed go-faster sticker and nearly 250lbs of sterio gear.

    I find if facinating how some ricers will happily try to tell you the 'Gospel of Tuning and High Performance' when they've never even tried/paid to have done/ any tuning on their own cars other than cut springs and BIG rims.

    Sean

    ------------------
    ----
    99 GS-R w/ JRSC@6PSI. ES torque mounts & shift stabilizer kit. Oh..And a filter onna stick.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NE_Hatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a story from this weekend to top all Ricer stories. I was cruizing the main strip in Lincoln trying to get next to a 5.0 GT Mustang when a guy in an 2nd gen Integra pulls up next to him. He sits there and revs his car all the way down the strip and swerves in and out of his lane. They pull up next to eachother at a stop light, the chance I had been waiting for, when the brother of the guy in the Integra gets out of the car behind him with a baseball bat and starts yelling at the Mustang guys. As the light turns green another passenger throws a Mc D's glass of pop at the guy in the passenger seat(it was a convertable.) As both the Integra and the mustang take off I lose sight of them until about a half mile down the road where the integra was pulled over on the side of the road with a busted out back window. The passenger of the Mustang supposivly busted out the window with his bare hand. Now this to me is patheitc!!! I am not sure what the entire story was but from what I saw was the guy in the stang got tired of this idiot swerving at him and flexing on him and started yelling shit to get him to back off and then all hell broke loose. Now I acually know the person in the integra and the people in the car behind him, but here in Lincoln you pretty much know everybody that drives and import, and I could not get through to them how stupid that S**T is and how bad it makes everybody that drives an import look.

    ------------------
    My Mind is Always Racing.
    95 DX B18C1

  6. #6
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry, but I had to pipe in here as well. Here in Seattle the "riceboy" scene is out of control. I have even stopped going to the import challenges and stick to the test and tune sessions. All the Domestic Motorheads there don't talk shit to you, and if they do, they do it under their breath so you don't know about it. It is a good feeling to have an "old school" muscle head come up to you and ask about the car, even though it is an import.

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    JRSC@6psi
    AEM CAI
    DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
    Test Pipe
    GReddy PE exhaust
    Magnacore 8.5mm Wires
    MSD 6A
    Skunkworks Coilovers
    ACT 6 Puck
    Turbo Convert

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just for the record, it was a second gen Integra, not me biggrin

    ------------------
    98 GS-scR w/ 8psi JRSC, Walbro HO fuel pump, AEM cai, DC 4-2-1 one peice header, Thermal Exhaust, Skunk Works cam gears, J&S safeguard, RC 310's, Cartech FMU, Vortech regulator, H&R sports and KYB AGX's, and of course to slow down, KVR X-drill F&R rotors and Carbon Kevlar pads and V1 to signal the slowing down and soon to go on the "Juice".

  8. #8
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    hahaha..be on a look out for the guys for used parts in the near future biggrin

  9. #9
    Inactive Member VtecRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 1999
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a friend that can afford all Mugen equipment on his car, but when he checked the oil dipstick there was none on it. He put in 1 quart of oil to remedy the sitution and 10 miles later he seized the motor. All I could say nicely was "knucklehead". So know he has a seized "hard to come by" 93 gsr 1.7 motor sitting in the driveway.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member AllMotor+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2000
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GEARHEADS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!!!

    (sorry, all this talk about sticker plastered riceboy cars with mile high supra spoilers got to me there)

    ------------------
    Much love to the imports

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •